Exercise Your Right to Exercise!

I kid you not--we're open for business! Sure, we still have the car-into-our-building-remains scattered (but contained) by the rear wall and a newly installed shower that could use some dry-wall touch-up (looking for a good construction man/woman--any takers?!), but that's not stopping us from saving the performance of athletes everywhere!! ("Dun-da-duuun!!" As we pose in a heroic fashion...)

In fact, let me just summarize some of what our staff has been up to:

  • Sam has been massaging and functional training the pants off people (literally, they're getting so fit, they're shopping for smaller pants)!
  • I peaked out of the office the other day to see Coach Dan with a ladder, a PVC pipe, some bands, and a BOSU ball...Not exactly sure what that workout entailed, but he was sweatin' up a storm and his athletes are getting faster! I suppose I may need to feed my curiosity here...And I'm not the only one! He will be having classes on General Strengthening for the Endurance Athlete at the EETC quite soon! I'm sure we have enough PVC piping to go around, but it may be a bring-your-own-ladder affair!! ;)
  • Chelsey and her Training Groups are not only braving the heat, but showing it who wears the sun screen! After spending a week as a counselor at cross-country camp (with children...and I promise I have no idea what this banana dance is you're talking about!), Chelsey is a bit sleep deprived and feeling a few miles short of a marathon, but her athletes are fueling her enthusiasm and doing a fantastic job! Hey now, don't worry! You can still get a piece of the action! Just shoot Chelsey an email and turn that morning coffee into a cup of 13.1 or 26.2 mile training for a more complete breakfast! :D
  • Trainer David is currently surveying trail after trail with his group of Mountain Bikers; I have not Mountain Biked myself, but hearing about their epicness makes me want to trade my little fixed-gear in for a honkin' trail-killin' machine on two wheels!
  • Perhaps, you're not so much into the "group training" thing? That's cool! We're all accepting personal training clients too! Shoot, even if it's so you can run on our "pimp" treadmill (apparently, this is the term for "cool," "kick-butt," "epic," "edgey," etc.--I'm attempting to minimize my pun-age)! But, seriously! This thing has a fan that adjusts with your speed! The faster you run, the more it blows! I did an 8-mile progressive run on it, and actually enjoyed it!! I plan to make blaring some funky tunes and running like a female-version of Forest Gump a regular thing--no doubt! 
Whew! Let me just say, the only thing hotter than Greenville, is what's going on at The Edge! (Don't worry, we have AC, some trendy industrial fans, and apparently some of the best water in the area, so don't worry about getting over-heated!)

Well, I must get back to figuring out this camera for our gait analysis (where's the Geek Squad when you need 'em?!), so I must wrap this up like a giant Chipotle specialty burrito! Looking forward to seeing all you Greenville-ians doin' your thing out there! And don't hesitate to stop by, treadmill it, do something functional on our functional trainer, and exercise your right to exercise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment